You know how you know you have a problem. This is a really important step in changing it. You can’t change something you don’t acknowledge it.
I’m going to teach you a sure fire way to make a fast change.
You may or may not have heard of Tapping or EFT.
There a number of ways to do this tapping. I’m teaching you the method I use, because it works the fastest on a deeper level & it’s the easiest!
The credit for this faster Tapping version goes to Robert G. Smith. He had the genius to take several modalities of change work, incorporate them into the original form of tapping & create a new better way of working.
(Links at the bottom of the page for more information about his work.)
What is tapping? Am I learning to dance?
Tapping is like emotional acupuncture.
Most people have heard of or tried acupuncture. Don’t worry, there are no needles involved!
You are going to actually tap, using 2 fingers on acupuncture points.
The points are:
1.Between your eyebrows.
2. On the side of your eye, where the stem of your eye glasses would be.
3. Under your eye, on the top of your cheekbone.
4. Collar bone. This is the place on either side of the notch at the base of your throat.
5. Grab your wrist.
It doesn’t really matter which one you start with, but always end by taking hold of your wrist.
Once you start tapping, 5-6 times on each area, the ONLY thing to pay attention to is the tapping, the feeling of the fingers. Thoughts may come up & float around, but take your awareness back to the tapping.
As you are tapping say to yourself… I let it go, I’m OK to let it go, I’m now safe to let it go. It doesn’t matter which hand or side of your face you tap on. You can change sides, repeat points, touch, tap or rub… doesn’t matter, it works.
When you have tapped on each point, grab your wrist with your other hand, as your take a deep breathe in, say the word “Peace” as you imagine blowing everything out.
Now, this next part is something you’ll want to have set up before hand.
What is your “good place”? Where do you go mentally that feels safe & happy? It can be a place or memory. Anywhere that is good & doesn’t involve troublesome thoughts. If you’re having a difficult time finding that place, then just notice yourself sitting or being in the present moment.
Practice going to that place, transport yourself there. Stay there for 5 - 15 seconds, longer if necessary.
There are two important parts of this technique:
1. How do you know, HDYK? Read the last post.
2. ONLY focus on the tapping once you start tapping.
You notice the feeling, memory, thought, knowing, smelling tasting or hearing and rate it, how strong is it 1-10?
3. Begin tapping those points, saying “I let it go” Only focusing on the tapping. Don’t get hung up on the words, they are the least important part!
4. Take a deep breathe when at your wrist, say “Peace”.
5. Go to your good place. Imagine being in a situation where you feel safe & happy… if that is difficult for you to find… just notice yourself in the moment, your feet, hair or just the chair beneath you.
6. Now, go back and notice the problem… is it the same or different?
Notice how it’s changed, notice what’s left, then tap again. Tap until it is down to zero.
Ask me questions...
Next. why does this work?